Enjoy a friendly, fun team-oriented work environment where you will be valued and respected employee!
Direct Support Professional
A Riverside employee said "I love my job. Our clients make me smile every day and are the warmest individuals I have ever known. I support our clients to set and achieve their personal goals and it is so rewarding to be part of their progress; to see and feel the impact of our mission."
We are actively hiring Direct Support Professionals to join our dedicated team. The purpose of this direct care position is to maximize the independence, skills, and self-esteem of the individuals we serve. This position provides direct care to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Riverside Industries takes pride in our family- feel atmosphere that offers a supportive and rewarding work environment with collaborative supervision and training. Join our team. You can make a difference!
The role of the Direct Support Professional offers exciting opportunities for creative and structured engagement with our clients. You will watch them grow as individuals while they gain independence and confidence in themselves through your teaching process.
Although no experience is required, ideal candidates will possess understanding, patience, and a willingness to be a team player. If you have initiative and are self-motivated, this position may be perfect for you. Experienced Direct Care Workers, as well as CNAs, LPNs, PCAs, Teaching Assistants, and Para professionals are encouraged to apply. Excellent communication skills are imperative and you must be comfortable engaging and interacting with the people we serve, their families and colleagues.
Body mechanics and strength requirements are needed when working with and assisting individuals utilizing wheelchairs, gait belts, lifts or mat work.
Riverside Industries, Inc's mission of empowering people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live rich and full lives has positively impacted local communities for more than 50 years.
37.5 hour/week and 40 hour/week positions. Part time and Relief positions available.
- A generous PTO (4 weeks) and Holiday policy (11 Holidays)
- Group Health, Dental and Vision, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance options
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance (100% paid by Riverside Industries)
- 403B Retirement plan
- Variety of employee appreciation celebrations – including quarterly breakfasts, employee picnic, and more.
- RSI encourages your feedback right away – we have an open door environment and you will have a personal meeting with our President/CEO 30 days after employment!!
- At least 18 years old
- 3 years of driving experience, and an excellent driving record preferred
- Able to pass a pre-employment CORI and fingerprinting
- Have basic computer and typing skills
Are you looking for something more than just a job? Do you want to feel rewarded by making a real difference?
Riverside Industries, Inc. is actively seeking qualified Van Drivers to join our dedicated team. You will transport individuals with disabilities between their homes and our program in Easthampton, MA. This position is an integral role to Riverside Industries’ 50+ year old mission of empowering individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live rich and full lives. Help start and end our clients’ day with a smile! Establish interpersonal relationships within the communities we serve – you can make a difference!
Ideal candidates will be comfortable driving in all New England weather conditions. You must possess compassion, understanding and a willingness to be adaptable. Previous van driving experience is preferred but not required. Our well maintained fleet of vans and transportation hub are located in Easthampton, MA and our vans serve the entire Pioneer Valley area. There are additional physical requirements for this position in assisting our clients with safe entry, secure travel and exit off of vans, as needed.
10 hours/week or 20 hours/week.Split shifts available: 6:30/7:00am – 9:00am AND/OR 2:30pm – 4:30/5:00pm. Weekdays ONLY – no evenings or weekends.
- Must be 19 years or older with a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a RMV Record with minimum 3 years of driving experience
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment CORI, drug screen, physical exam and fingerprinting