One Cottage Street

onecottageBuilt in 1859, One Cottage Street was once a mill using waterpower from a dam at the mouth of Nashawannuck Pond. J.P. Stevens & Co owned and operated the mill producing battens, twines, and elastic thread, until 1976 when they sold the building to Riverside for one dollar. 

Riverside uses the second floor of the building, while 85 local artists rent affordable studios in the five floor building.

Riverside’s first tenant, Warwick Press, remains to this day and has been joined by an array of artists who have formed Cottage Street Studios.

 

 

 

facebook

Riverside Industries, Inc.: One Cottage Street, Easthampton, MA 01027 | (413) 527-2711 | (800) 339-2711 | TTD (413) 527-4911 | FAX (413) 529-9715 | info@rsi.org